CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 21 July 2007

All good things must come to an end...

Finally. The anticipated day arrives. Went to bed at 9.00 p.m last night and was rudely awoken by a phone call by Riina at 11.00 p.m. Awoke in the middle of the night at 1.00 a.m and thought it was already 5.00 a.m. Awoken by my alarm at 3.00 a.m. Decided not to go back to sleep any more. Whiled away the hours by re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and finally departed for Pacific at 6.00 a.m. Was the first to arrive, and a few more people started to show up around 6.45. Was very eager to be the first in line and thankfully I -AM- the first in line. Waited with bated breath for 7.01 to arrive... the minutes passed, then seconds... and finally! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released from the sealed boxes in which it was contained worldwide (give or take a few seconds). I am very enthralled to be one of the first people to hold and open the saintly book. Wasting no time, my eyes absorbed the words of Chapter One hungrily... Ten hours later, feeling satisfied yet hollow, I am forced to accept the cold, hard truth that the journey has come to an end. J.K Rowling has not, however, disappointed me. The ending made it clear that there will be no possible way for this wonderful series to ever continue, and that all magic will be lost if she somehow decides to write the eighth book : Harry Potter and the Never-ending Quest (this is just made up by me, in case you were wondering). Seven years I have faithfully followed the characters and their perilous journey, and as one can imagine, it will be painful to say goodbye. I can only say this : "Though I shall read no further of the series, the magic it has spread will continue to live in my heart."

[Next post : Thoughts on the book *Major-Spoiler Alert*]

1 voices:

KyonMin said...

*in slang*
Hey... You're rude... T_T How am I supposed to know that you're asleep. AH. T_T